GlenWyvis Single Malt Whisky Batch 01/19 – 700ml
- 46.5% alc./vol.
The first release from an exceptionally rare vintage.
In late 2019, a fire in the fuel store of our biomass boiler shut down production, dramatically truncating our annual output. Constraints breed creativity, and our third release brings together winter and summer runs of Concerto and Laureate barley, fermented for 120 hours and cut to an emerging GlenWyvis style in our squat pot stills. A unique trio of speciality casks contribute layers: red wine adds black fruit and spice, Moscatel adds floral notes of citrus while a lone Marsala cask brings unmistakable sweetness. A complex, delicate dram that embraces its youth.
Availability: In stock
A Batch of 33 Casks
24 First-fill Ex-Bourbon/Tennessee Whiskey (68%)
2 First-fill Ex-Red Wine (7%)
2 First-fill Ex-Moscatel (7%)
2 First-fill Ex-Marsala (3%)
4 Refill Hogsheads (15%)
Bottled at 46.5% abv without chill-filtration. Natural colour.
- Highland Grain Concerto 2017 crop & Highland Grain Laureate 2018 crop, malted at Bairds Inverness Maltings
- On-site Aquifer
- Pinnacle Distillers Compressed Yeast (MG+)
- Avg. Ferm. Time
- 120 hours
- Avg. Set temp
- Avg. Spirit cut point
- 71%-65% abv
- Avg. Filling Strength
- Filling dates
- January-June 2019
- 24 First-fill Ex-Bourbon/Tennessee Whiskey, 2 First-fill Ex-Red Wine, 2 First-fill Ex-Moscatel, 2 First-fill Ex-Marsala, 4 Refill Hogsheads. All casks via Speyside Cooperage, refills previously held unspecified unpeated scotch.
- Matured at
- GlenWyvis on-site dunnage Warehouse 1
- 4 years
- Contract bottled in July 2023 , 46.5% abv, non-chill filtered & natural colour
- Bottles in batch