GlenWyvis Single Malt Whisky Batch 02/18 – 700ml
- 46.5% abv
The second release from our 2018 vintage, and our first ‘major’ bottling.
Half-tonne mashes of entirely local Concerto barley were fermented for an average of 96 hours before being distilled in our squat 2500L wash still and 1700L spirit still. An uncompromising hearts cut was then filled into a variety of wood: Tennessee Whisky barrels from America add complex sweetness, Oloroso hogsheads from Spain bring rich fruit and refilled Scotch whisky hogsheads highlight the fragrant, spicy character of our unique new make.
£59.95 inc. VAT
Availability: In stock
A Batch of 23 Casks
15 First-fill Ex-Tennessee Whiskey (60%)
5 First-fill Ex-Oloroso (25%)
3 Refill Hogsheads (15%)
Bottled at 46.5% abv without chill-filtration. Natural colour.
- Highland Grain Concerto, 2017 crop, malted at Bairds Inverness Maltings
- On-site Aquifer
- Pinnacle Distillers Crumbled Yeast
- Avg. Ferm. Time
- 96 hours (combination of 115 hour long and 70 hour short)
- Avg. Set temp:
- Avg. Spirit cut point
- 71%-65% abv
- Avg. Filling Strength
- 63.6% abv
- Filling dates
- March-August 2018
- 15 First-fill Ex-Tennessee whiskey ASB, 5 First-Fill Ex-Oloroso HH, 3 Refill HH. All casks via Speyside Cooperage, refills previously held unspecified unpeated scotch.
- Matured at
- GlenWyvis on-site dunnage Warehouse 1
- Contract bottled in May 2022 , 46.5% abv, non-chill filtered & natural colour
- Bottles in batch